Employee Assistance Program
As an employee of the City of Portland and being covered by the health insurance plan, you and your family are entitled to use the EAP confidential services free of charge. These services include:
- Short-term counseling
- Couples counseling
- Assessment and referrals
- Resource file and library
- Consultations regarding workplace issues
- Critical incident stress management
All services are by appointment. Appointments can be made by calling the EAP confidential phone line 207-871-9272. You or a family member can call any time and leave a message for the EAP coordinator. Your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
The EAP brochure included in your New Employee Packet describes the following:
- How the EAP works
- What services the EAP provides
- What type of problems the EAP can address
- Who can use the EAP
- What a Critical Incident Stress Debriefing is
- How a Supervisor can refer an employee to EAP
- What to do in an emergency
EXPANDED EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM - AETNA'S EAP
The City of Portland is excited to be able to offer expanded EAP services starting May 1st with the addition of Aetna’s EAP service.
Aetna’s EAP is available for all City of Portland employees and their family 24-7. It’s designed for anyone who could use a little help managing issues and life events, big and small. Best of all, you have confidential access to the program, which you can use at no cost to you.
Easy to access services
You can call 1-888-238-6232 anytime: 24 hours a day, seven days a week for counseling, financial, legal issues and so much more. When you call, you will be guided to resources that can address your needs. Or, visit:
Username - city of portland
Password - eap
You have easy online access to:
• 6 Face to Face Counseling visits per year per issue
• COVID19 Resource Center
• Articles and tips
• Child and elder care provider search
• Live and on-demand webinars
• myStrengthTM — a unique emotional wellness portal
• The ARFL mobile app and more
The City of Portland and Aetna EAP Resources want you to know we’re here for you, ready to provide you resources to deal with a complicated world.