Capital Improvement Plan
About the Plan
The Capital Improvements Plan (CIP) is a five-year financing and construction / acquisition plan for public improvement projects that require significant financial investment by the city. The CIP represents a balance between maintaining the city’s existing assets and investing in new assets to support the city’s growth, as well as ensuring that investments are made in accordance with the community’s priorities.
The CIP outlines the city priorities for investment in long-term assets - from roads and sewers to community facilities and technology. Generally, capital improvements projects consist of purchasing, constructing or renovating structures, acquiring land, and/or purchasing major equipment or vehicles that have a total cost of at least $25,000. Common CIP projects include new vehicles, new or improved sidewalks, roads, neighborhood renewal projects, and new city facilities, such as schools and other facilities.
The CIP is updated annually and submitted to the City Council. The plan includes complete details on CIP project approved requests for the upcoming fiscal year. The CIP also outlines the city's capital project requests for the next five fiscal years. Pursuant to the 2011 amendments to the City Charter (Article VI, Section 5, paragraph (i)), the city manager is required to submit a Five-Year Capital Improvement Plan to the City Council for adoption.
- Capital Improvement Plan (FY 2021 - FY 2025)
- Capital Improvement Plan (FY 2020 - FY 2024)
- Capital Improvement Plan (FY 2019 - FY 2023)
- Capital Improvement Plan (FY 2018 - FY 2022)
- Capital Improvement Plan (FY 2017 - FY 2021)
- Capital Improvement Plan (FY 2016 - FY 2020)
- Captial Improvement Plan (FY 2015 - FY 2019)
- Capital Improvement Plan (FY 2014 - FY 2018)
- Capital Improvement Plan (FY 2014 - FY 2018) CM REC
- Capital Improvement Plan (FY 2013 - FY 2017)
- Capital Improvement Plan (2010 - 2012)