Celebrate Earth Week
Recycle Electronics at the 6th Annual Community Electronic Recycle Day
Event Date and Time: Saturday, April 20, 2019, 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Location: USM, Woodbury Campus, 35 Bedford Street, Portland Maine
Contact: Steve Sweeney at 207-780-4658 firstname.lastname@example.org
The community of greater Portland is invited once again to recycle their unwanted electronics at the 7th Annual Community Electronic Recycle Day at USM on April 20, 2019, Woodbury Campus, 35 Bedford Street in Portland. This is our 7th year holding the event, which has recycled and kept out of the waste stream, thousands of pounds of electronics.
Disposing of electronics responsibly through recycling is crucial in keeping our community clean and vibrant.
The recycling event is free and open to the public. We will be accepting monetary donations. Show your appreciation for free recycling by donating.
The following items will be accepted and recycled for FREE:
•• TV’s & Flat Panel TV’s
• Computers & Laptops
• Hard Drives
• Keyboards, mice, speakers & other peripherals
• Printers, Copiers, Scanners, Fax Machines
• Stereo Equipment
• VCR / DVD / CD Players
• Cell Phones, Telephones
• NO Refrigerators
• NO Humidifiers
• NO Air Conditioners
• NO Large Household Appliances
• NO Batteries
• NO Light Bulbs
• NO Smoke Detectors
• NO Mercury Devices
• NO Thermostats
All electronics collected are recycled according to State and Federal guidelines; Responsible Recycling ("R2") Standard for Electronics Recyclers & e-Stewards®Standard for Responsible Recycling and Reuse of Electronic Equipment© ("e-Stewards®")
A big thanks to our sponsors: USM Office of Sustainability, North Coast Services, The City of Portland, Portland Sea Dogs & Troiano Waste Services.
See you there: rain or shine!
EWaste Alternative Options
Two popular alternatives for e-waste recycling include:
- Goodwill / Dell Reconnect: Goodwill Industries accepts donations of computers, printers and related equipment in any condition. ReConnect, a partnership between Goodwill and Dell, offers local residents the opportunity to donate old computers free of charge. All computers and parts are either sold in our retail stores or responsibly recycled by Dell’s Asset Recovery Services.
- Best Buy: Best Buy stores have changed policy for recycling some items. Please call the store in advance for details.